Friday, April 11, 2014

Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord





“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Eph 2:8-9

I don’t know about you, but I was really disappointed with the NCAA championship game. Yes, I was a little jaded, and no I didn't watch much after the last Kansas team was eliminated, but I thought I could turn on the last game and see some fireworks, the culmination of a hard road. It made me think of my lent. Moments of brilliance in a long unimpressive performance. It can be easy to stay frustrated, to look back and wish you had done something differently. But we are a people of the present, and we have a God of the present. You will notice that even though the game wasn’t great, the celebration held the same joy. It still ended with a national championship, there was still reason for exuberance. Easter approaches, and we can still feel that joy.  If nothing else a poor performance is opportunity for growth and humility. A recognition that without God we are lackluster.  I encourage you, if you have not made a good confession, get there. There is still the Easter Triduum, and there are still boundless graces waiting to be poured upon you the moment you allow it. You could almost say Palm Sunday is halftime, and we have the buzzer beater, Good Friday, still to come. Let God draw up your play, and follow through, nothing is more glorious than the Resurrection.

“For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:40

-Fr. Benjamin Green

No comments:

Post a Comment